GCSE and A Level Options
When deciding which subjects to study it is important that you do your research as some careers will require you to gain specific qualifications. There are a number of sources of advice available:
- The results from your START careers software https://www.startprofile.com/
- Information on the Misbourne website http://www.misbourne.bucks.sch.uk/390/labour-market-information
- ‘Which’ University Guide https://university.which.co.uk/advice/gcse-choices-university/how-important-are-gcse-choices-when-it-comes-to-university
- iCould https://icould.com/article/choosing-your-gcse-options/
- Your form tutor
- Your subject teachers
- Adviza Careers Advisor (ask your form tutor to book an appointment)
- National Careers Service Careers Advisor https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/contact-us/home
- https://www.ucasprogress.com/search for course searches, careers using certain subjects and skills.
- http://russellgroup.ac.uk/for-students/school-and-college-in-the-uk/subject-choices-at-school-and-college/ is a useful document for A Level choices.
- Choose the best A level options for your future, whether you want to go to university or get a job straight after school or college: https://targetcareers.co.uk/careers-advice/a-level-choices/315491-what-a-level-subjects-should-i-take