16-19 Bursary Fund
Students in The Misbourne Sixth Form who experience financial constraints or barriers can apply to access additional funding to support their academic journey through their Key Stage 5 studies.
Students who meet the eligibility criteria can access this additional funding to assist with the cost of transport, essential course equipment, meals in school, educational visits, uniform or other school resources, the cost of attending university or career interviews, financial support towards childcare costs or exam re-sit fees.
The 16-19 Bursary Fund
A Bursary Fund Committee meets three times a year to consider applications and award bursaries.
In order to be eligible, students must;
- be at least 16 and under 19 on 31 August 2023
- study at a publicly-funded school or college, or be on an unpaid training course
- meet the residency requirements
Bursary for students in vulnerable groups
Students may be eligible to get a bursary if at least one of the following applies:
- students are in or have recently left local authority care
- students get Income Support or Universal Credit because they are financially supporting themselves
- students get Disability Living Allowance (DLA) in their name and either Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit
- students get Personal Independence Payment (PIP) in their name and either ESA or Universal Credit
Click here to download the 16-19 Bursary Fund Application form.