At The Misbourne, we very much value the experiences students gain from taking part in school trips. A number of these trips are important parts of the academic curriculum, others are optional and take place during the holidays, Learning Enhancement Days or Activity Days. Whenever a trip is organised we consider the positive impact it will have on the students, including developing their confidence, providing motivation for learning and also promoting their health and wellbeing.
We run a wide range of trips throughout the school year – both day trips and residential. Trips that typically run include:
- Duke of Edinburgh Award expeditions
- World Challenge trips e.g. Belize
- Geography trip to Iceland
- Sports tours
- Skiing in Austria
- Field trips e.g. Geography & Biology)
- STEM trips
As part of our careers provision, we also offer students a number of experiences to provide them with valuable skills and insights to help prepare them for life after The Misbourne. These include:
- Year 9 and 10 trip to the Bucks Skills Show
- Year 7 and 8 'Day to Work'
- Year 12 trip to Milton Keynes Higher Education and Apprenticeship Fair
We believe it is important that all students are given the opportunity to access the trips that are offered at The Misbourne. Therefore we aim to support families where additional funding is required.