The Misbourne is celebrating another outstanding achievement following a short inspection by Ofsted on 27 May 2017. The school in Great Missenden continues to be a GOOD school.
The report highlighted: aspirational leadership embedding a culture of ambition. Students have very positive attitudes to learning and the quality of teaching is consistently good across the school.
This outstanding report encapsulates the high expectations expected and achieved and the very positive atmosphere of the school with comments such as:
- Principled and aspirational leadership embeds a culture of ambition which permeates the school
- The needs of the students are at the heart of everything
- The Misbourne is a harmonious school
- Students are friendly, polite, courteous and conduct themselves exceptionally well in lessons and around the school
- The environment is very calm and orderly
- A strong culture of safeguarding and pastoral care permeates the school
- Leaders monitor students’ progress and welfare closely
- Leadership of teaching and learning is a considerable strength
- Leaders and Governors have no sense of complacency
- Commitment to maintain the strong systems and ethos which currently exists
- Students make good progress across the curriculum as a result of good teaching and support
This is an outstanding achievement and Robert Preston, Headteacher said “I am so very proud of my staff and students who have worked so hard to achieve the highest possible educational standards which were confirmed by Ofsted. As a school, we are aspirational and ambitious and it is really an outstanding learning environment and a real pleasure to be a part of.